WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Download & complete application form
2. Email to Program Director (please do not deliver or mail)
ABOUT OUR SCRIBES
Our medical scribes work closely with our physicians and physician assistants. They shadow our providers during their shifts and assist them with documentation by recording procedures, reviewing charts, and providing other clerical assistance to the providers. Our scribes are exposed to every step in the patient care process and obtain valuable insights into medicine and emergency department operations through provider mentoring. This position increases our scribes' medical vocabulary, teaches them how to take a patient history, provides them an opportunity to learn from medical professionals, and gives them experience speaking with different patients during every shift.
Our medical scribes also play an active role in enhancing patient experience in the emergency department by checking in on patients frequently during their stay to address concerns and comfort needs.
The Scribe Program is very competitive and there is often a wait list for
interviews, especially during peak application times at the start and end of summer.
The application deadline for summer jobs is now December 31st.
If you're interested in applying for a Summer Scribe position please be aware of the following:
Interviews for the summer are conducted throughout the month of December & conclude the first week of January.
All applicants are required to do an in-person interview so it is important to turn in applications in time to do an interview before returning to school for the spring semester.
Hiring decisions are for the summer are made by the end of January each year.
We do not accept late applications under any circumstances.
Our scribes work at three different emergency departments: Mary Washington Hospital Emergency Room, Stafford Hospital Emergency Room, and at the Emergency & Outpatient Center at Lee's Hill.
We have three different scribe positions:
Only work during winter and summer breaks
Work year-round, but only about 1-3 shifts per week
Work year-round, approximately 40 hours per week
Candidates must be able to commit a full year to the program, either 12 consecutive months for full or part time scribes or returning the following summer after hire for seasonal scribes.
● Your goal is to apply to an MD, DO, or PA school
● You must be at least 18 years of age
● You have graduated from high school, or will have graduated by the time you start working
● Mary Washington Health Care requirements include a background check, TB test, drug screening (which are all provided free of cost if hired), and proof of up-to-date immunizations
● Further qualities we look for in applicants are individuals who are hardworking, professional, and enthusiastic about the field of medicine!